On the 7th September 2023, the Prime Minister announced a new UK-EU agreement on the UK’s association to Horizon Europe and Copernicus.
As a result, UK applicants are eligible to apply to Horizon Europe calls, now and in the future. The UK government Horizon Europe guarantee has been extended to cover all remaining Horizon Europe grant calls that are funded under work programme 2023 irrespective of the call closing or grant signature date.
A number of Waterborne Technology Platform and Zero Emission Waterborne Transport (ZEWT) co-programmed partnership funding opportunities have been announced. Of these, there are a few that directly align with the MarRI-UK five strategy elements.
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-11 – Achieving high voltage, low weight, efficient electric powertrains for sustainable waterborne transport (ZEWT Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-12 – Combining state-of-the-art emission reduction and efficiency improvement technologies in ship design and retrofitting for contributing to the “Fit for 55” package objective by 2030 (ZEWT Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-14 – Demonstrating efficient fully DC electric grids within waterborne transport for large ship applications (ZEWT Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-15 – Advanced digitalisation and modelling utilizing operational and other data to support zero emission waterborne transport (ZEWT Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-17 – Coordinating and supporting the combined activities of member and associated states towards the objectives of the Zero Emission Waterborne Transport partnership so as to increase synergies and impact (ZEWT Partnership)
We are looking to work with our members, academic and industry, to join start up consortiums that are looking for the ideas and expertise that our members can offer in great quantity to be able to provide valuable input in to a winning proposal.
The first two opportunities have a budget of €15 million for two projects while the third has a budget of €1.5 million.
MarRI-UK will be holding a workshop on Wednesday 13th December 2023 to discuss the opportunities available to us to take part in one or more of the calls.
If you would like to be part of a Waterborne Horizon Europe Funding Opportunities please do not hesitate to contact us.